Selected Performances, Workshops, and Media
Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble of Southern California participated in the recording sessions earlier this spring for the forthcoming resource, “Ethnomusicology: Global Field Recordings,” a project of Adam Matthew Digital in collaboration with the UCLA Ethnomusicology Archive.–CSUDH Faculty Highlights August 2019
Photo courtesy of Adam Matthews Digital.
- Music and Dance of Mindanao, Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble, New Mexico Humanities Council, 17 November 2018.
- Music and Dance of Mindanao,Workshop and Performance, Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 5-6 April, 2018.
- Philippine Independence Day, Carson, CA, 9 June 2018.
- Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble and Malaya Filipino American Dance Arts, Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture, Echo Park, 8 October, 2017.
- Kid-friendly performance at the Skirball with the Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble, 27 August 2016.
- Performance with Malaya Filipino American Dance Arts at the Mary and Joseph Retreat Center in Rancho Palos Verdes, July 2016
- Performance at the Society for Ethnomusicology Southern California-Hawaii Chapter, UCLA Dept. of Ethnomusicology, March 2016
- Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble performance at Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture, La Plaza, Olvera Street, Los Angeles, 7 November 2015
- Live performance with the Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble for the film screening of The Cotabato Sessions at the Velaslavasay Panorama December 13, 2014.
- Kulintang performances, Filipino American History Month Celebrations, 2011-2013, City of Carson, CA.
- Performed on kulintang for Tufts’ Filipino Cultural Society, April 2009.
- November 23, 2008 Guest performer with the Palabuniyan Kulintang Ensemble at Tufts University.
- Performance/demonstration on kulintang for Asian Heritage Month Festival at Stonehill College, April 2008 (VIDEO)
- Performing on erhu with UCLA’s Music of China ensemble (1997-2005)
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival 1998 with Maguindanao Kulintang Ensemble and Guro Danny Kalanduyan, Washington, D.C.
- 1999-2005 Music of Bali and Java, Spring Festival of World Music and Jazz, UCLA
- “Reversal and Refractions for Trumpet and Tape.” Original composition performed for Asian Composers League, Philippines and Japan Foundation in Manila, 20 March, 2009.
- “The Accident.” Original composition for soprano and mixed ensemble, performed at synaesthesia: Composers and Poets Interpret Works of Art at the Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore, MD, 9 October, 1997.
- “Awit ng Bayan for four sopranos and marimba.” Original composition performed at the Conference and Festival of the Asian Composers League, Manila, Philippines, 20-26 January, 1996.
- “Still Life Vanitas.” Original composition performed at synaesthesia: Composers and Poets Interpret Works of Art at the Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore, MD, 20 October, 1996.